Part two in this serie of blogposts: what women can learn from men. You can read a lot about this topic on the internet also. And just to be on the safe side, I googled this topic in English. Add a lot of feedback from other successfull women and this top 5 was done quickly.
Our top 5
- Sisterhood – men are nice to eachother. Especially when they are not competities. Even better; they help each other to be more visible and nominate each other for promotions. So promote those female colleagues of yours as much as possible; better for all women in the company.
- Poker Face – Do not be afraad to walk away from negociations with nothing. That helps your positions at the table
- Do – Do. Trust your instinct and do. My personal tip here; Think about the worst that can happen when you do. When that does not imply loosing stuff you cannot live without (health, love, house, food) I just do.
- Get to the point – Being direct is what most women do not feel comfortabel with. But in business that is not what most men prefer. No is an answer you should not shy away from. And it saves you a lot of time; diverting and dodging questions take a lot of time.
- Your mistakes are not your fault – When mistakes are made, a lot of women take that personal. Men rarely do. They blame the team, the weather, their manager. And if the blame themselves, they overcome this quickly and do not dwell. I detect a good New Year’s resolution for 2020!
I had a lot of fun writing these two lists about the differences between men and woman. Not nearly all the information I could find is in here but I will make an effort to write an extra post later.
Did you miss our previous blogpost about what men can learn from women? Click here.
I would love to hear from you; what did you learn from men that helped your career? Please let me know in the comments below. If there are enough comments under this post I promise to update our list to 7 or 10!